How to Array or Duplicate Objects in SketchUpUpdated On June 24, 2016 | Category: Home » Architecture Tutorials
I have come to realize that first time user of SketchUp tend to ask me the same question – How to Array in SketchUp? Repeating an object in SketchUp is easy, the tutorial below is just one of the many methods, for soon to be SketchUp users, here is the answer:
1. Select the object.
2. Then select Move/Copy.
3. Hold down the Ctrl key.
4. Select the end point of an object (while holding down the Ctrl key).
5. Move or align the object according to the Axis (Green/Blue/Red), do not release the Ctrl key yet!
6. After aligning the object according to the axis, release the Ctrl button and Key in the distance and hit enter.
7. Repeat step 1 to 5, this time instead of keying in the distance, simply take the neighboring object as the reference point.
8. Or just type “x5” for having 5 identical arrayed copies. Thanks Vasko for the wonderful tips.