Comic by Grant Snider, true, very true. I guess it is like us trying to understand those funky and weird dresses at a fashion show.
Comic Source: Dilbert
The mother of all presentation crits, read also the previous entry at Architectural Presentation Crits.
- “You don’t care about this project, do you? So I won’t say anything about it”
- “You have good sense of humor but architects don’t…”
- “Anyone got any matches… so I can burn this”
- “Architecture? I think you should just go straight to becoming a demolition man because you just created a mess”
- “My dog would not even live in this”
- “I like where u put that balcony, looks like a good place to jump from after setting eyes on this horrible building”
- “Do u draw with you mothers eyeliner”
- “Were you on drugs when you did this (model)?”
- “Where did you shove your colour pencils when you draw that”?
- This girl presented her project, and at the end of it the tutor asks her how long she spent on it, she explains that she spent all night and worked really hard on it… He tells her that she’s lying because she’s wearing make-up, and if you have time to do your make-up, you have time to work more on a project… He then proceeded to fail her
- Tutor – “Can i use your model as an example for the other first years?”
Student – “Yeah of course you can!”
Tutor – “Don’t get excited, i want to use it as an example of what not to do”
Student – “Oh…”
- A Girl brought in a model she had finished with plaster. When she entered the room, students and crits thought it was a cake and started singing happy birthday. Needless to say she was devastated.