I was searching for ways to hang my photo frames on my wall and stumbled upon this useful graphic tutorial. The general rules are:
- Height – Center of frame should be approximately 1560mm – 1600mm, or eye level.
- Distance – The gap between each frame should be 1/3 of the length of the photo frame. Avoid keeping them too near (crowded) or too far apart (as if they are not related).
Personally, I prefer sketches over photos, sketches tend to have a sense of honesty. As for photos, if possible, avoid images that shows sadness, loneliness, dying or anything related to it. They are:
- War, battle, fighting, killing images, anything with blood.
- Portrait with someone’s back facing towards you.
- A sad lady, or someone crying or dying
It is your own home, try promoting something happy and cheerful. Something positive. Here are my own photo frames:
I chose sketches of birds over photos. Free as a birds they say, and freedom you shall have. More examples on ways to hang pictures at pinterest.