Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, it is hard to determine which building is the ugliest because one man’s food is another’s poison. Members and editors of travel website VirtualTourist.com have some very strong opinions about some of these ugly architecture. They are not architects, who are they to judge? Then again, just because one is not a chef doesn’t mean one don’t know the difference between delicious and tasteless food.
image source: China Daily
I believe one of the reason why these architecture are ugly is because they tend to stick out like a sore thumb, maybe it is because they don’t blend with the overall landscape/skyscape. Just imagine Shanghai with more of these ball like architecture, both big and small.
image source: Shanghai Photograph
Top 10 Ugliest Building In The World [ Google Image ]
- 1. Sheffield Hallam University; Sheffield, U.K.
- 2. Grand Lisboa Hotel; Macau
- 3. M2 Building; Tokyo-to, Japan
- 4. Spruce Tree Center; Saint Paul, Minnesota
- 5. Palace of Justice; Florence, Italy
- 6. Whitney Museum of American Art; New York City, New York
- 7. Industriens Hus; Copenhagen, Denmark
- 8. Hong Kong Museum of Art; Kowloon, Hong Kong
- 9. Van Gogh Museum; Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 10. Plattenbauten; Germany